Friday, September 6, 2013

Summer is over! Now time for the Transonic Buffet

Summer is over the kids are in school! The traffic in NoVA is back.

It has been a while since I have posted, was busy with a few other things.

Passed my GCIA and wrote an article for Coast Guard Forum Magazine.

The GCIA was the hardest SANS test I have taken.  A lot of raw packet hex conversions, and a big focus on ICMP codes !?!  But it is done. I can add to the alphabet soup at the end of my name, change my Linkedin profile and join a few more groups.

The article for the Coast Guard Forum Magazine was a request from our marketing department to explain cyber security for our company.  4 questions that needed to be answered in 200-300 words.  After a few revisions with an editor the final text has been sent to the publisher.  Waiting anxiously to see my name in print in the realm of cyber security! I made sure to mention Security Onion and NSM!

Lets end today with a quote from Elon Musk.  This was found in the Hyperloop design details document.

"And, when you get right down to it, going through transonic buffet in a tube is just fundamentally a
dodgy prospect." - Musk

No comments:

Post a Comment